In the early 1900's, after Mr Robert Kerr activated interest in tennis, the club was formed. An earthen court was constructed in the north-west corner of the recreation ground. members of the Asling, Bailey, Troup, Robinson, Rae, Horswood, Cox, Randle and other families participated. Social matches were played against Harkaway, Berwick and Dandenong. In 1919 the club established a more permanent headquarter at the opposite corner of the recreation ground. A small pavilion was erected and a team joined the Berwick Competition. Enthusiasm increased from here on with descendants of founding families continuing to maintain the reputation for a high standard of tennis. In 1948 the club was named Kalora Park Tennis Club to be the same as the local cricket club. By then three courts were in use and the area was a hive of activity all through the weekends.
After a number of years in decline, the club was reformed in September, 1976 with 6 members and the name was changed to Narre Warren North Tennis Club. Over the next 35 years the club continued to grow and has become one of the largest clubs in the district.
NWNTC has 6 floodlight synthetic grass tennis courts and is currently undergoing renovations and extension to the clubrooms.
We offer competition tennis for Juniors, Seniors and Mid Week Ladies as well as social tennis and covers all ages and skill levels.
The club has a full time professional coaching team that caters for junior and senior players from beginners through to advanced.
Old A'beckett Rd,
Narre Warren North